Welcome Spring with JLG’s Citrus Shrimp
When you can’t dine at James Landing Grille, you can still indulge in its fresh flavors by whipping up their Citrus Shrimp recipe yourself!Kingsmill Resort,
Spring is citrus season, and there’s no better way to welcome the warmer temps than by James Landing Grille’s Citrus Shrimp. Chef Jacquelyn Berletic’s beautiful display of seasonally available, fresh-farmed vegetables, fruit and seafood make for the perfect blend. When you can’t dine at JLG, you can still indulge in its fresh flavors by whipping up the recipe yourself! Citrus Shrimp is a simple dish you can throw together for almost any occasion.
What you'll need:
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 1 lime zested and juice
- 1 orange zested & juice
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 lb. of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 fresh ripe avocado peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Pico de Gallo
- Artisanal Lettuce
How to prepare:
- Blend lemon, lime, orange, shallot, garlic, cilantro, white vinegar, salt, ground pepper, and oil together until smooth.
- Steam peeled and deveined shrimp for 4 minutes (5 minutes if frozen).
- Toss shrimp in marinade from step one.
- To assemble arrange lettuce in bottom of bowl. Arrange the marinated shrimp on top or chop it up and mix with Pico de Gallo and diced avocado. Use the rest of marinade as a dressing for the lettuce. Garnish with fried tortilla crisps for added texture.
James Landing Grille is now open for the season for members and resort guests on a first come, first served basis. Come enjoy fresh, locally-sourced cuisine at the only riverfront dining experience in Williamsburg. If you think your your taste buds can handle it, a full menu is available online.