Welcome to 2022 and a new golf year! Although the last few years have been challenging for everyone, our ability to continue to play golf helped us stay sane and physically fit. We expect this year to be equally challenging with Omicron and, perhaps, new variants emerging. As new information becomes available the KMGA, in conjunction with the Resort, will adjust its tournament operations to maintain the safety for all golfers using different venues and formats as needed. Safety First!!
During these cold winter months, your KMGA Board will be meeting with several former Presidents to get the benefit of their experience. This has been a practice in the past and will serve as fodder for an offsite of KMGA Board members planned for early February. Input from issues or concerns that were raised throughout the past year and raised during our Board meetings, has been collated and will be discussed at the offsite. If you wish any other items added to the agenda, please forward to me or any of our Board members.
One of my personal goals for this coming year is to provide as much transparency has possible, clarity in the decisions, while protecting the privacy rights of each KMGA member. As a first step, we will publish the issues, outcomes and rationales discussed at this offsite. Also, we’ll review the other goals laid out below and adjust as necessary.
Other 2022 goals include:
1. Continue to grow our membership providing opportunities for golfers of all skill levels to play on our beautiful courses.
2. Continue to leverage the KMGA webpage in an effort to offer members a quick kiosk of information.
3. Continue our successful inter-club tournaments with Williamsburg Cup (league play), and Home and Away (contests with
clubs in the Tidewater and beyond.)
4. Continued improvement of KMGA operations, budgeting, internal financial controls, and handicapping matters (Denby . Starling is our Handicap Chairman.)
5. Continue to run our KMGA tournaments in a manner that promotes participation, ensures fairness, and encourages camarade camaraderie among all members.
6. Have a fun, healthy year with family, friends, and fellow golfers!!